Thursday, December 25, 2008

Day late and a dollar short...

OK, so I thought I'd add a couple of stories I've heard Mom tell that I believe are the "essence" of Noelle.

Mom was always after us to clean our rooms and of course, like any normal children, we put it off as long as we could. One time, at the age of 6 or 7, after having been reminded several times by Mom to clean her room, Noelle still had not done so. Mom started yelling at her as only Mom could do. The rest of us would run and hide, but not Noelle. She knew just what to say to diffuse Mom's rage. "Well Mumma, I just wanted my room to look like yours!"

Of course I have to agree with Teddie that Noelle was incredibly cute, and I loved her long locks, as apparently so did Mom. I don't think there's a girl around who hasn't cut her own hair as a child, or the hair of a sibling. The end result is usually atrocious looking and is conveniently done just before an appointment with the photographer for a family portrait. Add to the fact that Mom was a hairdresser and had an ample supply of scissors on hand, combined with Noelle's desire to mimic her mom's hairdressing talent, the temptation was too strong. When Mom saw how Noelle had butchered her hair, she was enraged and was about to spank her, but Noelle once again was able to say just the right thing to calm Mom down. "Don't you think I look cute with short hair?" Well of course what could Mom say? Noelle was cute even though her hair was a temporary wreck. You live a charmed life Noelle! We love you!!!

No comments: