Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Georgie Gay!

I remember thinking as a child that I must marry someone whose birthday is on the 15th because my grandparents had birthdays on the 9th and my parents had birthdays on the 29th.

I remember a time when Grandma flew to Utah for a visit, our family met her at the airport and the children sang a song for her. I burst into tears. I was so happy to see her!

I remember driving into Aurora to buy something at the hardware store and when we parked, she couldn't remember how to take the keys out of the ignition, so we just left them in the car.

I remember seeing Grandma and Grandpa do the two step at their 50th wedding anniversary, thinking how cool it was that they dance together.

What do you remember?

1 comment:

Shanda said...

I remember Grandma having long hair and what looked to me to be chopsticks that she used to put her hair up. I remember her teaching me violin when we lived in New York. I remember how special it was for me that she was at my wedding two months before she died. It is an honor to be her granddaughter.