Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Ithaca Ward

We are spending this week in Ithaca so that Tony can teach at the ASTA (American String Teachers Association) camp, and Nicholas can attend it. We got here yesterday because Tony had meetings, but the campers didn't start until this afternoon.
We went to church this morning at the Ithaca Ward, and I enjoyed catching up with the few people who are still there. I took a few pictures. I don't remember names of everyone, but they all remembered someone in the Bateman family.

I was looking forward to seeing the Ballantynes, and was surprised(but not too much) to find out that they are serving a mission in Scotland. I saw Brother Fairbanks, Diane Moore, Patti Wallace, and a few other people whose names I don't recall. They said to please say hello to the family, and they send their love!

1 comment:

The Fieldings said...

I often think fondly of the Ithaca Ward. Sad to hear (not suprised, time passes and people move) that so few people I knew are still there. Did you, by chance, look up Linda Case? I hear she is still living on Troy Road. I'd love to get a lesson from her someday when I get a chance to go back "home".