For as long as I can remember, Mom used to make all kinds of hot cereal for us to eat in the morning. I was so glad when she started buying cold cereal for us younger children(Grape Nuts, Mini-Wheats, etc.). I never enjoyed oatmeal very much. Then when I was pregnant with Michael, I was craving something, but I didn't know what it was. We went to a breakfast restaurant where they served Baked Oatmeal. It was delicious! and it was what I was craving. Since then, I have thoroughly enjoyed most kinds of oatmeal. I am posting a recipe for Baked Oatmeal that I make for holiday breakfasts(I found it online). I hope you enjoy it!
Baked Oatmeal
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins(optional)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Beat together oil and sugar. Mix in eggs, milk, salt, baking powder, oatmeal. Beat well then stir in raisins. Pour into a lightly greased pie pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake in preheated oven until firm, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for the recipe Luella. We're looking forward to trying it this week.
That sounds really good--I'll have to try it. 3 out of 5 of my kids like oatmeal, so maybe if I try this recipe 5 out of 5 will like it!
I'm going to give it a try!
Post a Comment