Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Louisa


Well since this blog has devolved into pretty much a birthday blog, I might as well join rather than fight the trend. So today, in memory of Louisa, I celebrate her birthday by posting some pictures and memories of her. The top picture is our engagement picture for our wedding announcement. I was fortunate to meet her. I went to California to sell insulation with Kelly and Brennan along with 10 other guys. We all went to church in her ward. She was sitting up on the stand and saw us walk in and knew as soon as she saw me that we would be married. It took a little bit longer for me to figure that out.



Louisa had an amazing voice. When I watch a video of her singing, it triggers the tears very quickly and there's not much I can do to stop the flow...



She was a devoted wife and mother and she loved all her children dearly. Before she passed on, she made sure to tell me to remarry so the kids could have a good mother to care for them. And she specified the criteria her surrogate had to fulfill, and one of those was simply "No cheerleader types--if you marry one of those, I WILL come back and haunt you!"



With her dark hair and light complexion she looked like Snow White. Here's photographic proof that the squirrels and birds came to do her bidding (although I'll admit they never showed up to help her clean the house).



This is one of my favorite family pictures. I miss you Sweetheart and I look forward to the day when we can be reunited!

One late addition--Louisa's sister wrote on her blog about Louisa as well. Click here to read what she wrote.

6 comments:

tammy said...

I miss her too. That was very sweet Monte. Louisa was a good example and a good friend. I am thankful to have known and loved her.

Anonymous said...

I miss Louisa--she was a wonderful and sweet person. She had a good heart--we are lucky to have her in our family and to have known her for a short while. I'm glad that we'll see her again.

Malauna said...

I remember in 1996, at the Bateman Family Reunion, Louisa took a picture of me and Ryan, and then she sent it to me shortly after we got engaged with a note. She was the only aunt who would regularly send me a birthday card. What a neat lady.

Teddie said...

She was one of my favorite people, all sweetness and light. Way to make me cry, Monte.

montebateman said...

Teddie, you can blame her for being such a wonderful person that we miss her so much. Otherwise the tears wouldn't flow so freely!

The Fieldings said...

She was/is an angel. I felt it each time I was with her. I loved your post too.