Friday, October 10, 2008

The Gosnell Family

I'll follow Monte's lead and post an update on the Gosnell Family.

Rachel is, of course, the center of my universe (just as she planned). She celebrated her first birthday September 22. She took her very first little steps two weeks before that. She still does most of her getting around on all fours, but she is starting to walk a little bit more. Some of her favorite past-times include pulling all of the books off the bookshelf, pulling all of the DVDs off the DVD shelf, pulling all of the papers off my desk, turning off the computer when I'm trying to do something on it, and climbing all over everything.

During Conference weekend Rachel did some experimentation with throwing some pretty impressive temper tantrums. Fortunately we have not had much of that since, for which I am very grateful.

Rachel's favorite movie is Baby Signing Time volume 1. She has made the signs for mama, daddy, eat, doggy, and all done, and made them at appropriate times. She doesn't do all the time, so I am not convinced that she completely knows what she's doing, but maybe she does.


Jeff is doing well at his job as a Quality Assurance Analyst at the software company QSR. He also plays basketball with the guys from our ward every Thursday. In addition to his favorite past time, playing computer games, he is also experimenting with building a cornhole set for our back yard. Cornhole is a game where you throw beanbags. It's pretty popular around here. Jeff recently got called as the Financial Secretary in our ward.


I am doing pretty well myself. I stay busy trying to keep up with Rachel. I am still teaching piano lessons, and I occasionally tune pianos too. I sing with a barbershop chorus called the Pride of Kentucky. We actually have a concert a week from tomorrow. We are raising money to compete in the International competition in 2009. We won our region this past year, which made us eligible to compete in the Internationals. I recently completed my first book. It is a book of baby songs, and I illustrated it with pictures of Rachel. It is too dang cute (if I do say so myself, which I do). I was recently called as the Relief Society pianist in our ward.


Rachel still doesn't have a calling.

7 comments:

montebateman said...

Hey, thanks for putting your update up online. It's always interesting to know what's going on with members of my family.

Malauna said...

I can't believe Rachel still doesn't have a calling! Does she sit on the back row on the side where she is blocked from the view of the bishop due to the pulpit? Does she avoid his phone calls? Does she quickly go to Sunday School to avoid meeting him in the hallway?

Noelle said...

All three.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading about your family. Rachel is a cutie, you are a cutie and Jeff is a cutie too! I play the piano in R.S. too--that means we can be friends!

Noelle said...

SWEET! So far I have only played the opening song both weeks I have been official. The lessons always go long. Today, in fact, I only played one verse of the opening song because we got started late due to a mis-communication. I'm glad to be your Relief Society Pianist Buddy!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! Gosh! :)