

Memories of Ladawn
I remember always thinking she was fun and pretty. She had the status amongst the younger sisters one time of being our favorite sister.
I remember when she got hit by a car. Mom and Dad gathered us together to tell us and we knelt down in a circle and prayed for her as a family. The spirit was strong and I remember having a peaceful feeling. Tears come to my eyes when I think of that time--it is something I will never forget.
I remember when she got married and going to her reception and eating ice cream.
I remember one time when her and Wayne came to our house to visit. Luella and Noelle expecially would remember this about me--how I loved to share a bed with someone. Ladawn and Wayne were sleeping on a foldout couch, which was the equivalent size of a twin bed. Every night that they were there, I would squeeze in between them and sleep with them (Each night, I did it in my sleep, so I had no recollection of actually climbing in bed with them--I woke up in the morning and there I was!) They didn't seem to mind (Did you?).
Ladawn is very talented when it comes to sewing and I remember a doll that she made for me. She sewed the face, the belly button and the bum, making it look somewhat realistic. It could wear newborn diapers and she made a dress for "her". I loved that doll!
She made me several dresses that I wore for a long time--many of which I wore on my mission and wore them out!
I used to think that she had such a pretty voice and I wanted to sing just like her.
I remember thinking that she had really cool and unique handwriting. ( I still think that!)
I remember when she came for surprise visits--they were happy, fun times. I remember feeling sad when she left. (See picture--don't be alarmed at the sight of the face in the middle!)
When they lived in England, Holly and I went to visit them. I was there on my birthday and she brought me breakfast in bed--a stack of doughnuts with candles on it!
When I lived with her and Wayne and their family for a little while, I remember her making the yummiest homemade wheat bread. We would get a slice while it was still hot, spread it with mayo, and put slices of tomato on it, then salt & pepper it. It was so yummy and I still make it! (Only I don't have Ladawn's yummy recipe--I had to find one of my own.)
I remember some yummy oatmeal butterscotch cookies she made frequently. Sometimes I would even sneak and get some out of her freezer. (sorry Ladawn! :)
I am thankful for the happy memories I have of Ladawn. I love her and hope she has a very Happy Birthday!!
2 comments:
Do you notice how well groomed everyone's hair looks in the picture? When Ladawn is around, she always makes us all look better! I love you Sis! Happy Birthday!
Love Holly
Well, I can't say that my hair looks all that great with my lovely morning do (and my morning face looks downright scary!) But that reminds me of another memory of Ladawn that I forgot to add...One time I cut my own hair (when I was old enough to know better) and Ladawn noticed it (it looked terrible!) and she kindly and lovingly fixed it for me without making me feel bad or embarrassed. Thank you Ladawn.
Post a Comment