We are giving talks in church tomorrow and Brennan wrote this poem to his mom that I thought I would share. I thought it was so cute. hope you enjoy.
I am wishing everyone a happy Mothers Day! Love, Tammy
"Sorry Mom”
Mom, I know that you think I’ve turned out all right.
But I know that I was the cause of many a sleepness night.
I gave you grey hair and deepened your worry lines.
If I could do it over again, I would be much more kind.
I pulled a lot of stunts and put my life on the line
Just to prove I was tough or out of my mind!
The cuts and scraps came in the tens and twenty’s
You were always there to give me comfort aplenty.
The constant teasing must have gotten very old.
My poor sisters were my favorite targets; truth be told.
I know that I should have treated them much better.
The fact is, I was not a very good example setter.
My feats of driving gained me great renoun
Of couse, as I was only 12, I couldn’t drive around town.
The church parking lot was where I learned to spin the tire
While you, meanwhile, were practicing with the ward choir!
I’m sorry Mom for all the heartache and pain
I hope leasons learned won’t need to be learned again.
You taught me so much about faith , hope and love
About Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father above.
I know it is their love that helped you to endure.
It strengthed you; it calmed you; it made you pure.
I will love you forever and.treasure the gifts given
I will be the son now that you knew I could be then.
-Brennan Bateman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's a nice poem Brennan--I never knew that you were such a poet.
Nice job. You are a talented guy.
Thank you Brennan. That was a fantastic poem!
Easy to tell that it was heart-felt too. It would have made Mom cry as it nearly did to me.
Post a Comment