Monday, September 1, 2008

I remember when Kelly...

...could be heard before being seen, wandering slowly home from Kindergarten across the field that bordered our house in Trumansburg, singing opera in his falsetto voce (that's Italian for voice) at the top of his lungs.
...would stand in the outfield at his little league games, mitt on head, watching balls fly by.
...good-naturedly took Monte's punches to his shoulder, his punishment for winning over the hearts of Monte's former sister slaves, biding his time until he grew up to be the bigger of the two.
...was running around in the foyer after church, and bumped into a man who was just standing there, which collision knocked him down. He immediately recovered, stood up and confronted the guy with, "Why dontcha watch where you're going?!"

Congratulations on turning 40 something, Kelly! Hope your day is wonderful!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to hear all the stories. They're so entertaining! Kelly never had to do much to be funny. Hope you have a great day Kelly.

Noelle said...

I hope you have a great birthday Kelly. Teddie, thanks for sharing your memories. I only know Kelly as a big brother, so I enjoy hearing the perspective of those who know him as the little brother.

So Kelly, I hope you have a great day. I love you.

montebateman said...

I learned my lesson about punching Kelly in the arm after returning from my freshman year in college. I was folding clothes on the counter next to the laundry chute when I detected movement to my right periphery and by reflex threw one of those "arm punches" to let Kelly know I was around. Problem was, it wasn't Kelly, it was Dad, who then asked me why I had just hit him. I don't think I ever punched Kelly in the arm after that!

The Fieldings said...

I remember when Kelly paid my Musician's Union dues to help me get my name around the music world in Utah. I think I was supposed to pay that back? I don't think I have yet. Happy Birthday Kelly, I owe you!