Faline
When I was little, I remember her organizing relay races for fun and giving candy for treats ( I like candy!)
When they lived in Aurora I went to her house for primary and learned to sing the Fourth Article of Faith.
I played frequently at her house with Milaka, Cortney, Shanda, Keturah & Malauna.
When I went to college, her house was my home away from home. I went there frequently and had some fun times.
One time I made some lasagna for dinner when I was at her house. I followed the recipe (perfectly, I thought). It turned out instead of using 8 oz. of cheese (like the recipe called for), I used 16 oz.! (Really cheesy--and yummy!) She laughed when she found out my mistake.
Recently, she played with Teddie, Brennan and I in the Bateman String Quartet. We practiced every week at Teddies house and had fun and some good laughs.
I sat and talked with her in the celestial room where we shared some love and tears.
I have gone to her house on several occasions to return something and we would sit down to have a nice long talk.
She makes some yummy peanut brittle and other holiday treats!!
I went to her house for a get-together when she had some exotic chickens. They were an entertaining sight!
She has a small pond in her backyard that is surrounded by pretty flowers and plants. It is very beautiful and peaceful.
Ladawn, Faline and I went to breakfast at IHOP and had a very stimulating conversation.
She is a very strong woman with a drive to succeed and has instilled in her children that same spirit.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If you are going to make a mistake when you are making lasagna, it seems like too much cheese is a good one to make.
Faline sure is great, isn't she? I enjoyed your memories of her.
Post a Comment