Sunday, July 27, 2008

You made me cry, Noelle

I thought we weren't supposed to do that on this blog(just kidding). I have great memories of those Christmas Eve Family Home Evenings. I don't remember a lot of what we said about each other (except once when Monte said Denny Kartchner told him I was good looking when I thought I was ugly) but I remember feeling that strong bond of familial love. So at the risk of being a copycat I'm going to jump on the Love Wagon. Here goes...

I love Dad because he went through so much to keep food on the table for us. Also he's such a great Grandpa!

I love Mom because she loved me through times when I didn't love myself. She made me believe in myself, that I could do anything I wanted to do if I put my mind to it.

I love Faline because she makes me think about truth and error and what it means to be a true Latter-day Saint. I also love her family get-togethers. It always seems like everyone is having a good laugh.

I love Teddie because she is so thoroughly truthful about what she feels and takes risks to let others know those feelings.

I love Lamona because she is sweet, humble and so darned efficient when it comes to raising her tribe. I don't know how she does it but I really admire it.

I love Gayla because she was always so positive even through all of her health crises. I also remember when she asked me for advice once when I was a college sophomore and I was a little taken aback because I idolized her and thought she knew everything. Now I realize how truly humble she was. (my advice wasn't that good by the way).

I love Launi. I saw her once in a dream and I was confused because it was in the Spirit World and I thought it was Ladawn. I only later realized it was Launi. What I remember of her was her shining countenance and bubbly personality. Many people were gathered around her because her personality was so magnetic.

I love Ladawn because she also has managed to keep her beautiful, bubbly personality through all the trials of life. She never fails to make me smile.

I love Monte because he is full of so many good ideas in so many areas of life and he follows through on as many as he possibly can--including this blog.

I love Kelly because he took (and dished out) a few beatings at school protecting my honor and I had to find out about it through the grapevine. He never said a word.

I love Brennan because he's a good man and you can never keep him down. He stays unrelentingly on the bright side of life and radiates it out to the rest of us.

I love Luella because she reminds me so much of Mom in her continuous energy and creativity. She is a great mom too.

I love Noelle because she is a gentle, kind soul who could probably convince me to do just about anything with that great smile of hers.

I love Rachelle because she is strong and capable and very, very loving herself.

3 comments:

Noelle said...

You skipped why you love yourself. What's up with that?

Luella said...

Thank you Holly - you made me cry.

The Fieldings said...

Ok, I love myself because I'm a tough old cuss.