I remember around Christmas time (seems like it was Christmas Eve, thereby stealing time from my special day) we always had a special family home evening where we shared why we loved each member of our family. I thought that might be a fun thing to do here, so here goes.
I love Dad because he taught me the value of work. I may not do it as well as I should, but he has always been a good example. He also taught me the importance of gardening, and when I finally started doing it, I always think of him.
I love Mom because so much of who I am is so much like her. She loved music, I love music. She loved animals, I love animals. She was strong, I am strong. She loved her family, I love my family.
I love Faline because she introduced me to a very fun hobby, women's barbershop, and also because she came to visit me last year and helped me organize my house.
I love Teddie because she shared with me (and with everybody) a great talk she gave for Mother's Day a few years back. When I re-read it a couple of weeks ago I felt like I was getting to know her better (and Mom too).
I love Lamona because she is a great example of how to keep a small home with a big family. I need to keep a small home with a small family, and when I get frustrated, I think of her and think, "if she could do it with 12, I should be able to handle it with one!"
I love Gayla because when I was going through my traumatic teen-age years, she sought me out to be my support.
I love Launi because even though I never met her in this life, I'm pretty sure she was an awesome sister in the Spirit World.
I love Ladawn because, she came last year with Faline to help me with my house. She also opened her home to me when I came home from my mission and helped me get back on my feet.
I love Monte because he has been such a great example of the entrepreneur. I have always been a little scared of risks, but Monte is such a go-getter.
I love Kelly because he has such a great sense of humor and an easy-going demeanor. He is always easy and fun to talk to. I always wanted a nick-name, and Kelly is the only person in our family to give me one and stick to it.
I love Holly because she is such a good example of love and compassion. She gives people the benefit of the doubt, and doesn't judge.
I love Brennan because he always opened his home to me (and his candy closet). He has no problem finding the joy in life.
I love Luella because she seems to have forgotten what a bratty kid sister I was. Just kidding. She has always been a friend to me, and whether we live near or far, she has always made the effort to stay close.
I love myself because I am just so darn good-looking.
I love Rachelle because she is sweet and strong. She cared for Mom in her ailing years. She has always been my friend.
Batemans Rock!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember doing that at Christmastime and it always made me cry. Thanks for saying those things. I agree about what you said about yourself too.
Thank you Noelle. You are awesome, and you definitely were never bratty - you just had a hard time agreeing with me!
Post a Comment