Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Stacking the vote
I know math is not my forte, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out how we can have a total of 10 registered users and there are 13 votes on current issue at hand. If the system is allowing individuals who are not approved authors on the system I have about 45 friends I could have visit our blog and stack the vote the way I want it to go. But I'm not going to do that, so instead I think we should invalidate the current vote using the hidden ballot system and have all siblings log on and tell how they are voting and why and perhaps make a case for why others should vote their way. Just trying to keep things fair for all vested parties. Please cast your vote and make your case by commenting on this blog entry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I left a comment on the 'please vote' entry, but I'll say it again (sorry for repeating myself). At this point, I personally think that it would be more beneficial to our family to have just the siblings post on the blog. Nothing against any spouses. I do believe that if just sibings do it for now, that it could create deeper, more loving relationships that could help and strengthen our family. If the purpose of this blog is to develop close, loving relationships with one another, then it seems that the way to accomplish this would be to build unity amongst ourselves first. Based on comments and feelings expressed in the past, I can conclude that some of us feel distanced from our family as a whole. Therefore, if we can work from the inside out, hopefully the distance and pain that exists within our family can be eliminated. When we show love to one another and minister to one another as the Savior did, then we can be made whole and be unified.
I vote for siblings and spouses to both be able to leave posts. One of my purposes for wanting a blog like this is to get to know my family better. That includes their spouses and their kids. If Jeff is able to post here, you can get to know him better yourselves, and since we live rather far away from the bulk of our immediate family, I am willing to bet that no one knows him that well. The same is true about Holly and John. I've met him a couple of times, but I don't really know him. I've gotten to know Tony a bit since we visited them a few years ago, and they visited us this past year, but I'm sure Tony is like an ogre, I mean like an onion. He has layers.
So to wrap it up, I vote to open it up.
I want to know my in-laws better because that also helps me know my siblings better. I also feel that they can sometimes offer support for the conversation amongst the siblings. Therefore I vote that they be allowed to post on this blog.
Post a Comment