Okay, I'm going to spice things up a bit. Noelle, I admit it, this is pretty fun. Here's a picture of our family--don't we look lovely? My kids are growing up too fast!!
This is our lil' lab named Stormy--his full name is Stormtrooper Harper. He's pretty cute and fun. He's three months old and knows the essential tricks such as sit, lay down, shake and play dead. We are wondering if our fingers, toes, pants and shoes will stay in tact however, because he sure has some sharp teeth!!
This is our maintenance free weed-eater and tree trimmer. Her name is Buttercup (a.k.a. Princess Buttercup). Isn't she cute?
Okay, now I am going to share more memories....
Teddie
When I was 5 or 6, she sent me an outfit for my birthday (I think) that I really liked.
Her favorite color is pink (at least I think it still is), which inspired me to want to buy a pink dress when we went to an outlet store while we were visiting her in Arizona.
She protected me from a bad situation when I was little and spoke up for me when I couldn't speak for myself.
I have always admired her ability to teach her own children so thoroughly.
When I was on the verge of marrying Rich, she came up with a plan to do something about it so that I didn't make a terrible mistake.
When I lived with her in Arizona, it was a peaceful place for me to get my thoughts together and decide what I wanted to do with my life.
One time during Sacrament metting when we were singing, something made us start laughing ( I don't even remember what we were laughing at). We kept laughing uncontrollably, unable to sing the hymn.
She is very honest and sincere. She has inherited Mom's quick wit and tongue--I mean that in a very good way!
She has an amazing gift for writing and capturing the essence of our family and of human nature.
She knows and remembers a lot of stories about our family that I love to hear.
She is a lot of fun to be around and talk to.
One time at church after Relief Society, I went to sit down on a chair to comfort one of my children (while holding another one). Some of the men came in to fold up chairs and put them away. Well I didn't know that our bishop was putting away the very chair that I was going to sit on, and he didn't know that I was planning on sitting there. So, you guessed it! I sat right down on the floor (in my dress!), with my children sprawled all over me! I was stunned, disoriented, embarrassed, etc. The bishop felt terrible and he kindly helped me up. I went over to the piano where Teddie was--she hadn't seen the incident, but when I told her about it, we both laughed hysterically.
She is very strong and has overcome some very difficult ( and probably to most people insurmountable) situations.
3 comments:
Your kids are growing up! They sure are cute (does Josh object to being called cute?).
Your description of the chair incident was hilarious. I'll bet it hurt though.
I love your family picture. You can see such a unique personality in the expressions of each of your kids. I love it.
(Do you mind a humble blush of acknowledgment that I was right? - blogging is fun!)
Gosh, Rachelle. Thanks. I remember what it was that we were laughing so hard about in Sacrament meeting. We were trying to be so professional about the way we sang the closing hymn. When you sang one part, I would sing another, or if I sang a certain part, you would sing a different one. We had a regular arrangement going on. For the last verse, we were both on the melody line and intent on staggering our breathing so that there would be no gaps in our lovely sounding song. The trouble was that I was waiting for you to take a breath, and you were waiting for me to take a breath, so that neither one of us took a breath until we were both completely out of breath. Then, at precisely the same moment, we both took a big, huge, gasping, noisy breath so that we'd be able to make it to the end of the verse without passing out. Turns out we never made it to the end of the verse, we were laughing so hard, nor could we be reverent during the closing prayer. The brother in front of us became uneasy and asked us after the prayer what was so funny. He said he thought his zipper was undone or something.
Post a Comment