Monday, August 25, 2008
In honor of Monte's birthday,
--how many has it been now?--I would like to exercise a big sister's prerogative and tell stories on--I mean, about--him. I remember his first (almost) complete sentence, the only one he felt compelled to speak, being the first boy after six girls: "By myself!" Can't imagine why he repeated it so often. Of course he didn't say it when we were waiting on him hand and foot. He enjoyed the attention too much. I remember him biting the thumbs off of all the mittens Mom knitted for him, no doubt a nervous reaction to having so many of us watching over him every minute of every day. And Suzanne, if you ever wonder why he talks so loud all the time, it's because we trained him to do it. A fellow has to be heard, you know, and being heard above the rest of us was quite a challenge. I admire his endurance and his determination to survive, and like, not lump it. My hat goes off to you Monte, the Survivor of Big Sisters. I hope you have a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'll second that. Happy birthday Monte!
Thanks everybody! I always wondered why everyone always tells me I talk to loud!
Thanks Noelle for your birthday wishes.
...and Teddie, thanks for thinking of me on my birthday and for taking me out for lunch as my gift. It meant a lot to me and I enjoyed our time together.
Your welcome.
Happy Birthday Monte!
Thank you Rachelle.
Wow, it's really neat to hear the insight of an older sister on the years of Monte's life we younger ones missed.
Yeah, and I'm just getting warmed up.
Post a Comment