I graduated from Trumansburg High School in 1967. I went to Utah State University, and met Glen Earl in October of 1967 when one of my roommates invited him and his roommate over one night. We made a family trip from New York to Utah for our marriage in August of 1968, stopping briefly in Nauvoo and in Yellowstone Park on our way to Richfield.
I married Glen Earl on August 31 of 1968 - yes, we are coming up on our 40th anniversary!
We lived in Logan until Glen Earl graduated in 1970.
We did live in the studio apartment of the Trumansburg house for 3 months during the summer of 1969, long enough to live through Woodstock and watch the first moon landing...
and get pregnant :)
Milaka was born in March of 1970 in Logan, and we moved to Richfield to grow grain.
Glen Earl joined the army in October of 1970, and I went back to school for a few months at USU. But I missed my sweetie so much that I moved Milaka and me to South Carolina where he was in Basic Training late in 1970. We did drive to New York for Christmas that year. Milaka was majorly traumatized by all these stranger aunts and uncles who wanted to hold her and play with her! Cortney was born in April of 1971 in Fort Benning , Georgia.
Glen Earl left for Vietnam in September of 1971 where he was a "grunt" for 6 months.
(He is so cute!)
I went back to USU. I had a stroller and a baby
backpack, and I pushed Milaka in the stroller and carried Cortney in the backpack up and down that hill every school day for 6 months! Winter in Logan!
backpack, and I pushed Milaka in the stroller and carried Cortney in the backpack up and down that hill every school day for 6 months! Winter in Logan!
Lamona might remember that time because it was while we shared our little apartment that she met and fell in love with Ralph!
Glen Earl came home in March of 1972 and we promptly moved to Colorado Springs where he was stationed at Fort Carson. Shanda was born there in December of 1972.

We moved to Arvada (suburb of Denver ) early in 1974. I think the Bateman family visited us there after Keturah was born (January of 1975) ...
and we took all of you out to eat at a Mexican restaurant with cliff divers and strolling musicians ... anyone remember?
It was in September of 1976 that we moved back to New York. We lived in the Lansing house for a while, then moved into the apartments in Ithaca "the projects" - Malauna was born there in April of 1977 - and we moved up to Aurora in 1978 - Conan was born there in 1980.
It was in September of 1976 that we moved back to New York. We lived in the Lansing house for a while, then moved into the apartments in Ithaca "the projects" - Malauna was born there in April of 1977 - and we moved up to Aurora in 1978 - Conan was born there in 1980.
We left New York in 1981. We have lived in Utah ever since. Colle was born in Roy in June of 1982, Colter and Carson were both born in the same house in Layton, Colter in May 1988 and Carson in February 1993. We moved to our current home in Layton when Carson was 6 months old, and we have lived here in this house for 15 years. For us, that is a LONG TIME!

(Many thanks to Shanda - for searching her archive for ancient pictures - and to Malauna for walking me through this process of blogging with pictures)







3 comments:
What a great post. I remember going to La Casa Bonita in Denver when we visited you there. I remember that I got lost too, and missed a lot of the fun stuff, but somebody took me through the accelerated version of the tour. I remember the cliff divers.
I also remember going to Nauvoo, but I don't think it was the same trip you referenced in your post because I would have just been less than one year old, and my memory is not that good.
Anyway, great post. Thanks for sharing your abbreviated life story.
Thank you for all of the pictures! I remember you being at Trumansburg for Milaka's first Christmas. I also remember trying to hold her and she wasn't very happy about it!
I also remember La Casa Bonita. I loved the cliff divers!
I am so glad that I know your children so well.
I remember that visit in Colorado. I remember the bottomless bowl of sopaipias and honey...and the cliff divers. It seems like there was also a cave of some kind. I wonder if that restaurant is still around?
It's neat to hear your history and see all the pictures.
Post a Comment