Hi everybody,
NYSSMA(New York State School Music Association) had a summer conference in Albany from this past Sunday to Tuesday. Tony, Nicholas, Michael, and I all went up to be a part of it. Nicholas babysat Michael in the hotel room while Tony and I went to the conference sessions.
NYSSMA(New York State School Music Association) had a summer conference in Albany from this past Sunday to Tuesday. Tony, Nicholas, Michael, and I all went up to be a part of it. Nicholas babysat Michael in the hotel room while Tony and I went to the conference sessions.

Okay, we also went swimming in the pool with the boys, playing video games at Jillian's(a restaurant with video games attached), and Nicholas and Michael also joined us for a few sessions. We had a really good time, and learned alot to prepare us for the coming school year.After one of the nighttime concerts, there was a banquet for everyone. The boys went to bed, and Tony and I enjoyed some adult conversation(something we don't get too much during the summer!). I have mentioned before how much I enjoy talking about my family, and how many brothers and sisters, along with nieces and nephews and great-nieces and great-nephews I have(does anyone know the total count of grandchildren and great-grandchildren?) . It's always a great conversation starter! However, the conversation took a very interesting turn this time. One of the girls at the table told me how very lucky I am to have such a large family. She told me that she only has a brother and a sister. Her brother committed suicide not long ago, and her sister is addicted to crystal meth, so she feels that she really has no family. Her eyes filled up with tears as she spoke with me about how envious she was of my large family. It made me realize how grateful I need to be, and am, to be a part of my family. I love you all!
4 comments:
We really do have an amazing family. Whenever I talk about my family to my friends, they always make some comment expressing awe at our family. Of course, I make us sound pretty impressive, but that's not too hard.
I agree with Noelle. I have a friend that has met quite a few members of our family and she really enjoys being in our midst. She said to me on more than one occasion, "You have such a neat family!"
I've lost count of the number of grandkids and I never did have a handle on the number of great-grandkids. Sounds like a pretty good case for review? Anyone up for getting the number figured out?
When Aunt Holly and I last spoke about this, we totaled the number of descendants of Grandpa and Grandma Bateman in the upper 90's. Our family is huge! When ever I mention that my mom was one of thirteen children, their jaws always drop. Heh heh heh...
Post a Comment