Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What does BLOG mean?

Dear Family,
Does BLOG stand for a phrase in internet jargon? If it doesn't, it's an unly name for a beautiful idea.

For your information, I still have love in my heart for Georgie. In spite of our sometimes stormy relationship, there was never any douby that we loved each other. I'm sure when we see each other on the other side of the veil, we'll be just as excited as ever to see each other and I'm sure that with the experiences we've each had we will get along fine.

I'm so glad that Harriet was willing and eager to fill the great void in my life. She has been a great support to me and she has great love for all of my family. She especially loves children and when given the opportunity she becomes one with them. She is very service oriented and goes to great lenghts to help others in need.

We are very proud of all of you and are so glad to see this effort to draw closer together. We've been a disfunctional family in many ways in the past but now that we are all grownups we can overcome the past. We love you all.

Sincerely, Dad

3 comments:

Noelle said...

BLOG is a shortened form of "web log" like an online journal. (I didn't know that on my own, but Jeff told me that when we were dating. He thought I should get up to speed with computer jargon.)

Thanks for your post. I love and miss Mom. So much of who I am is because of her. I am glad that you have Harriet in your life. It is obvious that you are very happy together.

montebateman said...

Dad, welcome to the "blog" and glad to see you participating too.

To add to Noelle's info, here's the origin of the word "blog."

http://drweb.typepad.com/dwdomain/2005/05/what_is_the_ori.html

montebateman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.