Friday, August 8, 2008

More Memories of my Family (I've only just begun!)


Here's a little tidbit on my family...

Mike and I write down cute/funny things that our kids say in a journal.

Brigham (pictured) was talking sweetly about how we should be nice to people because it's what Jesus wants. Then out of the blue, in a mean voice said "But I'm gonna be mean to Charlie!" (Brigham and Charlie have a love/hate relationship)

One morning I made some oatmeal for breakfast. I gave Charlie and Brigham some (they're the only ones who like it), and they both ate it pretty quickly. I was just getting some for myself when they were finishing. Brigham kept saying "I'm full, I'm full" and groaning. He saw me sitting down to eat mine--he immediately brightened, sat on my lap and excaimed, "I want some!"














Here's some of my memories of Lamona...

I remember her and Ralph and kids coming to visit us in New York. They were fun visits--Ralph made pizza and homemade root beer.

We went to visit Lamona and Ralph in Idaho on a few occasions and enjoyed time with them. I even went to school with Venessa once!

I remember seeing pictures of their family and being amazed that she sewed the dresses for the girls AND the suits for the boys!

We visited them for Christmas a couple of times. She always made us stockings (with our names on them) and lots of goodies inside!

Whenever I visit her, there's lots of good food to eat!

She came and visited me at Ricks college a couple of times--we had some nice visits and I always enjoyed showing off my family to my friends!

Recently, I have had many good talks with Lamona over the phone. She is very sweet and wants to do good.

When Mom and Dad were on their mission, she was always willing to help me if I needed it.

When I was engaged, she made my wedding dress--there was limited money and yet she made it exactly how I wanted it and it was beautiful.

She made my wedding cake, the rolls and pretty much everything! Tears come to my eyes when I think of how much she did for Mike and I for our wedding. She gave of her time and talents very unselfishly.

When I think of Lamona, I think of hard-work and perserverance! She is dedicated to her family and would do anything for her brothers and sisters if we needed her!

In honor of Lamona's good cooking, I found a yummy breadstick recipe! Here it is:

1 cup warm water

3 TBSP soft butter

1 1/2 tsp. salt

3 cups flour

2 TBSP sugar

1 tsp. garlic powder

2 1/4 tsp. yeast

Mix together and knead 3-5 min. Let rise 1 hour. Roll out and cut into strips (about 6 in. long). Twist 2 strips to form breadsticks. Place on cookie sheet and let rise an additional 30-40 min. Bake at 350 for 15-20 min. Take out of oven and brush with topping.

Topping:

3 TBSP melted butter

3TBSP parmesan cheese

mix together. Put on breadsticks eat and enjoy! I love you!!

1 comment:

Noelle said...

Your kids are hilarious. I know what you mean about Lamona. She amazes me with her talents.