Saturday, August 9, 2008

It's decided then...

It's been fun to watch the process of our family working out our differences. This was not my intention, but ultimately it became a consensus building exercise. Many individuals with strong opinions finding common ground and building stronger bonds in the process. That common ground is "Family Unity," and if we are not inclusive, then we are by definition being exclusive. Excluding people whether they be spouses or nieces or nephews or whomever is contradictory to the concept of family unity. So I appreciate all of your input into this conversation and what it contributed to the meeting of the minds. I was able to come from a position of feeling like it just needed to be siblings, to where I could see much wisdom in including spouses, to the final point of realization that we are all family members and anyone in our family (including adopted ones like Rob Weenig, etc.) who wants to be included should be.

I'm proud of my family members. I feel like we just achieved a major milestone. So if you have children or spouses or whomever who have expressed a desire to be a part of this blog adventure, please email me their email addresses, and I will send them an invitation to be an author on our family blog. I love you all--you are dear to my heart. Thanks for who you are and what you contribute to our family.

Love,
Monte

5 comments:

Noelle said...

Please send an invitation to Jeff at
jeffg@machtyn.com or machtyn@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Rachel doesn't have an e-mail address yet. In the meantime, she will continue to communicate through me. Don't worry, I will accurately convey her thoughts and feelings.

montebateman said...

What's up with that? C'mon, get that girl involved in technology. You don't want her to grow up illiterate do you?

Machtyn said...

This gives you all a chance to learn who I am... that is if I ever have any time to leave a comment or two. ;^)

montebateman said...

Yeah, well now your blog is going up on the blog roll so family members can get to know the REAL you!

Machtyn said...

Hmm, I don't even know if that blog is the real me. It certainly is the strange me.